Instructor - TVET
Due to increasing demand of Vocational Teachers as the result of economic reforms and development, it is necessary to expand capacity of the unit. The college aims at improving TVET training programmes qualitatively, quantitatively and sustainably in order to meet national and sectorial demands in the global context.
The Lofa County Community College seeks to hire an Instructor for it's Technical & Vocational Training Program.
The Instructor will undertake the following tasks:
- standards and Curriculum
- review, assess and improve the standards for each identified program;
- upgrade the learning materials and curriculum to align with standards, building upon the existing qualifications and curriculum framework;
- update learning materials to increase relevance and quality, including the application of competency-based training approaches;
- review curriculum frameworks to ensure that they include module descriptors, teaching resources, learner workbooks, alignment with standards and assessment tasks, module scheduling and classroom/workshop organization
- plans – including equipment and materials lists for each module;
- develop an 'on the job training' module in each program with a learner workbook, projects and assessment tools to be completed by students and host employers;
- recommend ways in which training programs can be made more responsive to students and labor market needs.
- Diploma in Vocational Education and Training (DVoET)
- 3+ years experience in similar capacities
- Curriculum studies;
- Management of vocational training functions;
- Development studies; Professional Development; and
- Research Methods.
All applications should be sent to . Please indicate in the subject line of the email: “Instructor - TVET.”